RE: Gmail / SMTP +SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:28:40 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, Alona Rossen wrote:

> > EHLO geniosol9
> < JFMi×OB©w%lÑL6À

Wow. That looks like a problem in the SSL layer (see the
smtp_state_starttls_resp() function). When EHLO is sent, libcurl has already
negotiated SSL on the connection and that EHLO is supposed to get a 2**
response back. Instead it seems to get rubbish back...

> This is libcurl 7.21.0

Ok, I don't think we've changed anything major since then in the SMTP
department but can we please start with 7.21.3 and as application we use the
code from docs/examples/smtp-multi.c?

AFAIR you tried this on several platforms? Did you run it under Linux? Did it
fail there as well?