Re: HTTP Pipelining combined with CURLOPT_LOCALPORT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:35:36 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010, Stefan Krause wrote:

>> Yes that's exactly what I meant. It could be clarified that this would
>> allow multiple pipelines to the _same_ target host. It already supports
>> multiple pipelines if you just use different host names.
>>
> Multiple pipelines to the same target host are then ok, as the user
> explicitly chose a dedicated local port binding. Especially, in case a
> custom IP routing based on local ports is applied, it is necessary to use
> the local ports as configured, as otherwise a source port based routing is
> not possible,because the source ports may differ from the configured ones.
>
> Do you plan to make this change ?

I think we should, as I consider the current way sort of a bug.

But if I personally am gonna do it, I don't know. It's the usual story with
all of us being volunteers here and none of us have time and yet there are
many people who want things done and all bugs to get fixed.

I will probably get to it if nobody else does.