Re: Workaround for missing ares_getaddrinfo() with IPv4 and IPv6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 22:42:36 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Tommie Gannert wrote:

> this is a patch to let hostares.c request both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses when
> IPv6 is enabled.

Thanks a lot!

I modified it slightly and pushed it just now. I haven't tried all build
combinations yet (so I'll have to pay some extra attention to the build logs
the upcoming days), but I got so happy this version solved one of the rather
long outstanding c-ares problems that was easily repeated by trying to get
files from www.sunet.se with curl being ipv6 and c-ares enabled (which my dev
version usually is).