Re: certification error issue after running for a few cycles on Solaris

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:48:30 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010, Fei Yan wrote:

>> What do you mean? How does libcurl's behavior change in "debug mode" ?
>
> I tried configure with --enable-debug, and the performance is quite bad,
> over x10 times slower.

Sorry, but as a general statement that's simply not true. Debug mode disables
optimizations (and adds -g to the compiler options) and runs a little extra
code here and there, but I fail to see how that ends up ten times slower for
anyone and it certainly has never slowed it down that much for me.

Are you sure that's the only difference between your test runs? If so, what
specific part/section/action is ten times slower?