Re: How to use curl with nss supported?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:27:44 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, xufeng zhang wrote:

> I'm using nss-3.12.4, the newest NSS release, and the system I'm using is
> not a standard distribution. This problem really disturb me.

> why it's so difficult? :-(

Because NSS has a different approach to certificates and files than what
libcurl was made for.

Because NSS upstream hasn't accepted the PEM reading patch.

Because not enough people in our project have streamlined the documentation
and polished everything.

Because NSS also lacks documentation for people that comes to this problem
from our angle.

Because software engineering is still engineering.

Because we are always undermanned and libcurl is to a large extent voluntary
driven and developed by people using up their spare time.

... I believe you get it now ;-)