Re: using curl to create a caching tool

From: Ashish Agarwal <agarwal1975_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 13:47:48 -0500

You may very well be right. However, I was thinking of something more
integrated with my application. Asking my users to install a web proxy might
be too much. Also, I'm envisioning various customizations. For example, the
file downloaded was gzip'ed but I actually cache an unzipped version of it
(or some other representation more efficient for my app).

Ideally, there's already a library I can simply link into my application.
Does anyone know if any of the web servers or browsers provide this
component separately? Sorry if this is off topic, but I imagine libcurl
would the underlying solution to this.