Re: Locking and multi on multiple connections.

From: Michael Menegakis <arxeio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 05:09:17 +0200

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:46 AM, Michael Menegakis <arxeio_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I also noticed there may be a short hanging on the first first
>>> request

I identified at least part of this problem. The Ubuntu VirtualBox I
test it on doesn't have a libcurl with c-ares support. Apparently,
several other projects identified the problem and as of a message from
2 days ago (what are the odds?), it's pending for approval and
inclusion in their next updates.

I came to googling that after benchmarking that specifically
curl_multi_perform() produced a tough blocking.

I get the idea windows had it too but very rarely compared to that
(c-ares bug?). I don't discount it yet though.

It leaves the blocking I noticed on very rapidly packed simultaneous
easies, but I have it at least workarounded it with a simple flood
protection.