Re: Can the data pointer to CURLOPT_WRITEDATA be the same for various easies in a multi?

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 05:06:13 -0600

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Michael Menegakis wrote:

> I was trying to find a way to keep track of easies that may be re-used
> but not immediately, taking into account their individual chunks for
> CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, and then it dawned to me I could use the same.
>
> Is it safe?

I think curl_easy_setopt() with CURLOPT_PRIVATE [1]
and curl_easy_getinfo() with CURLINFO_PRIVATE [2]

Might be more appropriate for what you are trying to do:

[1] http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTPRIVATE
[2] http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_getinfo.html#CURLINFOPRIVATE

 - Jeff