Re: Simple question on multi handle and easy options

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 09:05:39 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Michael Menegakis wrote:

> Can one first make 'default' easy handles then add them in a multi and when
> only needed add them a URL each? Do they have to be removed first?

An easy handle that has completed its service within a multi handle must be
removed and added again to restart another request. The upside is that just
removing and adding an easy handle is a fairly cheap operation.

> How can one find if an easy handle is 'unused'?

You mean as in not already added to a multi handle? That's not possible to
find out I believe, you just have to keep track of which ones you've already
added and which you haven't.

> The basic idea is that I want to have a MAX_URLS loop and a MAX_EASYS
> loop so that you loop through the URLs and add them to available easys
> only and it only warns if 'all easies are busy'.

It sounds like you're roughly thinking about an approach like the 10-at-a-time
example: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/10-at-a-time.html