Re: gcrypt isn't found when gnutls is included

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 09:58:58 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Michael Menegakis wrote:

(Please don't top-post)

> With the help of zamez at IRC it seems that it works if CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
> are explicitly set for gcrypt's unconventional location. Does it need a
> --with-gcrypt or is it a system bug?

It is a system bug in the sense that you don't have the gnutls info set with
pkg-config and when that happens the configure script has no decent way to
pick up all the peculiarities such as the one you describe.

If you build gnutls yourself, you should make sure that the pkg-config data
gets built and installed fine, and curl's configure script should find that,
use it and then figure out exactly how to find and use gcrypt too...

If we want configure to find and work with gnutls without pkg-config, then yes
then we need to add something like --with-gcrypt. Do we really need that?