RE: SMTP+SSL fails with curl_multi_perform

From: Alona Rossen <arossen_at_opentext.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:28:37 -0500

> In my case a certificate was not provided. This is an obvious
difference.

>>>What do you mean? Servers ALWAYS provide a certificate in SSL so if
you did
>>>not get one, there was something wrong already at that level.

> Do you have a signed certificate that can be accepted by gmail?

>>>I don't need any certificate for gmail, and as you can see in the
example code
>>>libcurl was used exactly like you did it: ignoring the server cert
checks.

> We use ssl 0.9.8. I was able to reproduce the issue on Windows and
Solaris.

>>>I have neither, but it works great on Linux...

>>>So, then I need to ask you to start debugging/printfing something
around the
>>>failure spot in the code so that we can start to narrow down what it
is that's
>>>happening!

I was able to reproduce on Linux RedHat as well. SMTP + SSL fails with
multi interface on Windows, Solaris, Linux, while same very code
stripped of SSL options successfully sends an email to non-smtp server.
Replace curl_multi_perform() with curl_easy_perform() and SMTP+SSL will
be successful. Did you try to reproduce with the attached example? We
use OpenSSL 0.9.8e.