Re: Timout in HTTP data transfer

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:14:38 -0800

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 06:25:02PM +0530, arnuld uttre wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Dan Fandrich
> > It wouldn't surprise me if there's
> > a bug in the app that closes the connection after 60 sec. instead of sending
> > data, or perhaps Apache is closing the connection 60 seconds after the app
> > becomes (apparently) nonresponsive.
>
> No it does not. I have checked the same thing with another http client
> (Firfox) which receives data after one minute without any errors. I
> tried say 20 times or more and it always received data.

I'd feel more comfortable seeing a Wireshark log of the TCP close. While
timeouts don't seem to be working on your system, it still looks to me like
the remote server is the one closing the connection at 60 seconds. The
log you showed had a "Content-Length: 0" header, so it would be impossible
for Firefox or any other browser to receive any data after that. It's
likely that the PHP script operates differently for Firefox compared to your
libcurl app.

You STILL haven't said which platform or libcurl version you're running on.
I suspect setting CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL is the reason timeouts aren't working
in your environment.

>>> Dan