Re: Problems with Windows Binaries

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 10:31:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, David Graf wrote:

> the execution was unbelievable slow. 5x slower that with the 7.15.1 package.
> Something is wrong with openssl. If I compile curl without ssl, the speed is
> ok.

So you're saying the _execution_ even when getting non-SSL protocols got
slower when you built with OpenSSL? That sounds very strange as OpenSSL is
only involved for the SSL parts and isn't at all used for non-SSL protocols
(apart from the intitialization of OpenSSL which always is performed).

Does this slowness happen even when you use the latest curl command line tool?