Passing SSL CA information from memory instead of file

From: libcurl libcurl <libcurl_at_codepuppies.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:50:49 -0700

Hi,

I'd really like the ability to pass CA information for validating SSL
connections directly to libcurl from memory, instead of having the
information read from a file.

I see that there was a discussion back in 2006 regarding this here:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-03/0013.html

But, looking at the most recent libcurl API, I don't see any way to do this.
Am I missing something, or is it still yet to be implemented?

As an aside, the default curl-ca-bundle.crt file on my machine is about 240K
- does libcurl (or openssl) re-read this file every time I make a new SSL
connection?

Cheers,
Ben