Re: dynamic memory allocation problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:25:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Saidus Bounderra wrote:

> I'm trying to write a "windows dll" wich use the libcurl.lib . in this dll
> there is functions that try to download file from internet using the multi
> interface, (i.e : One file will be downloaded using multiple easy handles
> each of them will download a specified range ). all works fine if i let the
> current downloading process finishes his work ...!!!! *BUT* if I interrupt
> the process for exemple in middle there is some data allocated by me
> dynamically that is not freed

If this is with a recent libcurl I would say the chances are that the memory
is allocated by your application and not libcurl.

> so my problem is ,IS THERE ANY ONE CAN HELP ME TO RESOLVE THIS

I would recommend a memory leak detection tool, such as the lovely valgrind on
Linux.

> I have commented the source in the function to understand the problem

I found the source code highly confusing and very hard to read due to lots of
commented out code and strange variable names so I'm afraid I can't help you.

If you can provide a complete source code that I can compile and run in my
(Linux) end I could offer to run it with valgrind and see what it says.