Re: ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.21.1

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:18:18 +0200

Hi Vincent,
sorry, was in weekend mode, and missed your Qs ... :)

Am 15.08.2010 07:43, schrieb Vincent Torri:
> I have some questions:
>
> 1) Can you add a README_WIN32.txt file which specifies which compiler flags
> you used for these builds ?
uhhm, I'll try to find a way to do this ...;
but probably I will finally go to use Linux crosscompile, and just
specify all dependencies via configure paths; lets see how far I make it
...; just need some more time to check into it.

> 2) Would it be possible to have a file in
> http://www.gknw.net/mirror/curl/win32/?P=curl-7.21.1-* or in the tarball
> which explains the naming convention of the tarballs. Like
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#library-naming
> or
> ftp://sourceware.org/pub/pthreads-win32/README (library naming section)
had no time yet to check into this further, but I guess you mean how the
binary itself is named, like f.e. libcurl-4.dll + libcurl-4.dll.a, etc;
right?

> 3) Can you put the libcurl.pc file in lib/pkgconfig. That's where it should
> be by default
yes.

> 4) Would it also be possible to add a version of libcurl built with c-ares (
> http://c-ares.haxx.se/) ? We would like to use libcurl with c-ares, and this
> would avoid me to build c-ares and libcurl myself.
yes, I'll try the next days, but no promise when that will happen; but I
will post here. I've just found that the .m32 makefile is somehow in bad
shape too, and needs some further tweaks ...

> thank you for your work !
you're welcome!

Gün.