Re: ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.21.1

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 14:48:26 +0200

Hi,
Am 15.08.2010 07:43, schrieb Vincent Torri:
> is it so difficult ? I remembered that i compiled libcurl without difficulty
> with MSYS/MinGW on Windows or with the mingw cross toolchain on Linux (3
> months ago). I used a small shell script for that.
I didnt say that it is a prob to compile - but it is real work to put
together a script / makefile / whatever to deal with 4 different build
flavours, set all paths correctly, copy files together etc. Sure this
would be way easier on Linux with cross tools and configure magic - but
I am not aware of any Linux distro which always has latest dependent
libs; they are almost anytime 2 or three versions behind; so in order to
provide most recent stuff I have to either to it on Win32, or update
cross dependent libs self, and then there comes up the nightmare. Also I
have no time to re-install my hosts every 3 months.

Gün.