Re: Asking for information

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:24:12 -0700

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 01:53:15PM +0100, Saidus Bounderra wrote:
> Hello all ..
> I want to ask some questions in hope to find answers :
> 1. I'm wondering if it is possible to create a program like Internet Download
> manager using libcurl.

I don't know what "Internet Download manager" is, but if it involves downloading
files from the Internet, then chances are libcurl can be used to write something
like it.

> 2. how to download a file who have "XX MB" partionnig him (that file ) in
> multiple parts then download each parts with its thread (connection)
> (simultaniously).

libcurl is thread-safe, so you can use it to do this. The CURLOPT_RANGE
option can request only a specific part of the file to download, but only if
the server supports it on the given URL.

>     2-1. assuming that the point 2 is realizable, how to write the progress and
> write callback functions to reflect and know at any time witch thread
> (connection) is active
>             or downloading at this time .

There is lots of documentation at http://curl.haxx.se as well as plenty of
sample code to get you started!