Re: help with novice program

From: Michael Hecker <Hecker.Michael_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:54:04 +0200

  Hi Neil, I'm not a pro at all, but maybe I can give you some advice.
I think the general idea should be to download the sourcecode of the
respective website and then search for your string.

In general their are at least two possibilities:
1. Let your program run curl.exe and tell the program to save the
sourcode of the website to some file, load the code from the textfile
and search for your string.
2. Check out the examples in the documentation about simple HTTP and
read the stuff about write callbacks. In your callback, you can eather
search for the string or save the sourcode to a file first.

By the way: I can't imagine something like a remote search, since you
can't tell an independant webserver to do the searching for you.

Cheers,
Michael