Re: Manual setting of TLS Server Name Indication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:27:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Matthieu Speder wrote:

Please don't top-post!

> Imagine one https server with a single dns name (app.haxx.se) and you are
> not allowed to create a second entry.

So you have a server that you can control and access the SNI field with, but
you can't add a second entry in the DNS for the host? It seems awfully kludgey
to then just invent a host name in the SNI to get a specific meaning like
that.

It struck me that an arguably nicer way to handle this would be to use the
host name provided in a custom Host: header - something we actually already do
for cookies.