Re: Watcom makefiles

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 04:40:36 +0200

Am 28.07.2010 22:15, schrieb Guenter:
> Am 28.07.2010 21:22, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
>> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Guenter wrote:
>>
>>> seems to me that puts() from Watcom is somehow broken with both OW 1.8
>>> and 1.9; I patched src/main.c to use printf() and this makes the
>>> version output apear as usual:

>>> does anything speak against changing this in our code?
>>
>> Not that I can think of, but I think a little comment in there might be
>> a good idea to explain why puts() is not used...
> I cant the heck figure out what goes on here ....
> thought I write a little sample to demonstrate the prob, and post that
> to the OWC folks, but nope! The sample works fine ....
> then I even extended the sample a bit more, compiled with exact same
> compiler switches as what is used for curl.exe (I even used same
> makefile stripped down to one object file = sample) but in all cases the
> output with puts() was correct .....
> ATM clueless .....
partly nailed down now: I finally could fix the makefiles so that I can
now also link curl.exe statically, and guess what? There the output is
correct!!!

curl -V
curl 7.21.1-DEV (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.21.1-DEV zlib/1.2.5
Protocols: dict file ftp http imap ldap pop3 rtsp smtp telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile SPNEGO libz

so it must be related to the DLL linkage ...

anyone an idea?

Gün.