RE: Porting libcurl to a small, embedded system?

From: <curl-library_at_Antronics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:33:49 +0100

> Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:15:58 +0000
> From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
> To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
> Subject: RE: Porting libcurl to a small, embedded system?
>

>> I work with small, microcontroller-based embedded systems (eg, ARM
>> Cortex-M3).
>>
>> I'm wondering if it might be practical to port libcurl to such a
>> system?
>> Possibly with no OS ("bare metal"); probably using a 3rd-party TCP/IP
>> stack.
>>

> You did not mention the 3rd-party TCP/IP stack you were considering.
> It would be useful to know if there are any existing ports of libcurl to
this stack.

Indeed - is there a list of existing ports anywhere?
(googling "libcurl port" just gets swamped with references to "port" in the
"IP port"
sense.) :-(

I'm not "comitted" to a particular stack - but ones like Nichelite, LwIP,
uIP, etc
tend to be the ones touted by the microcontroller manufacturers...

> Your mileage may vary, but be forewarned that the libcurl porting effort
may
> take longer than you think, and may require a good level of support from
the
> supplier of the stack.

That kind of figures - thanks for the heads-up.

Maybe I'd be better off looking at some of the simpler entries at
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/competitors.html ?