Re: Curl and android

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 07:58:16 -0700

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:52:56AM +0200, Jean-Bernard Collet wrote:
> I did try this morning to compile Curl with the configured step done yesterday.
>
> Unfortunately, I have updated the Android source tree to the new Froyo version
> and it seems that Android does not compile anymore.
>
> Do you think it may be possible to compile curl with the NDK-r4 ? (with the
> previously generated config)
>
> How do you think I should do the make ?

The reason there's no config-android.h in the curl source tree like most
other platforms where configure can't be run (or is very difficult) is
because Android is such a young platform that's rapidly advancing and is
subject to frequent change. There are probably differences is bionic
(Android libc) between versions that will change configure's output, and
there are definitely differences in the toolchain. I highly recommend
repeating the configure procedure from the very beginning for each
different version of Android.

>>> Dan