Re: Problems builing curl library using cmake through VS 2008 x64 project file

From: Tetetest <tetetest_at_rambler.ru>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:16:30 +0400

Hello Andriy,

AY> I'm trying to build libcurl project using Visual Studio 2008 for x64
AY> platform (while I'm working on x86).
AY> I've created the project and solution files by running cmake command:
AY> D:\Programming\Libs\curl-7.21.0> cmake "Visual Studio 8 2005 Win64" .

AY> However, when trying to build generated solution, I receive tons of erros
AY> messages:
1>>D:\Programming\Libs\curl-7.21.0\include\curl/curlbuild.h(160) : error
AY> C2061: syntax error : identifier 'curl_off_t'
1>>D:\Programming\Libs\curl-7.21.0\include\curl/curlrules.h(94) : fatal error
AY> C1189: #error : "CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_OFF_T definition is missing!"

AY> I searched for this identifier to find next line CMakeLists.txt:
AY> if(NOT CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_OFF_T)
AY> set(CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_OFF_T ${ssize_t})

AY> As far as I understand, CMake should have supplied somehow those defines to
AY> be included in compilation, however this hasn't happened.
AY> Could you please explain what am I doing wrong and what should be done to
AY> build curl library ?

Andrey, are you building the library from git sources or from an
unpacked .tgz distribution? There are subtle differences between them
that can affect cmake build.

Next, you are building in-source, which is not too good.

I would suggest you to fetch the latest sources from git
repository, and try to build libcurl out of source:

--
Best regards,
 Tetetest                            mailto:tetetest_at_rambler.ru