Re: FW: Problem to statically link to openssl-0.9.8e on HP-UX

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:58:11 -0700

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 09:58:00AM -0400, Alona Rossen wrote:
> Build completes successfully. However, we link our application with curl
> and it cannot be started due to an unresolved symbol in curl:
>

> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: ENGINE_load_builtin_engines (code)
> from /usr/local/curl72/lib/libcurl.sl.6
> Abort(coredump)

You said you were linking statically--that looks like a dynamically-linked
library to me. Do you mean you were statically linking libcurl's
dependencies into a dynamically-linked libcurl?

> ENGINE_load_builtin_engines| |undef |code |
> ENGINE_load_builtin_engines| 183120|uext |stub |

It looks to me like you have a mismatch between the OpenSSL headers
and the OpenSSL library being linked. Is HAVE_ENGINE_LOAD_BUILTIN_ENGINES
defined in your config.h file? Clearly, it shouldn't be with the library
you're using. Make sure configure is using matched OpenSSL header
files and libraries.

>>> Dan