Problem run application from Local System Account - Windows Server 2008

From: Hanan Brener <hbrener_at_allot.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:10:49 +0300

Hi,

In our product we are using libcurl.dll 7.15.5 compiled with Microsoft
Visual C++ version 6.0

Application are working properly as Windows Service from 'Local System
Account' in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP.

Now we will moving to Windows Server 2008. All product application are
working properly, but part of applications used libcurl will not to
start crashes on loading program.

In the same time when we running Windows Service not as 'Local System
Account' but as concrete account which done installation (in our case
Administrator) these problematic applications are working properly, the
same effect when we run applications from command-line. We have tried
disable the 'User Account Control'(UAC) but without results.

Please advise us what can be a problem and how we can resolve it.

Best Regards,

Hanan Brener
Software Engineer, DBA R&D Division
Allot Communications * a mind for networks(tm)
Tel: +972 9 761 9291
Cell: +972 54 815 0788
Fax: +972 9 744 3626
hbrener_at_allot.com <mailto:hbrener_at_allot.com>
www.allot.com <http://www.allot.com>