can I limit the number of simultaneous transfers with the multi API?

From: Adam Kellas <Adam.Kellas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 06:33:22 -0400

My application uses libcurl (7.20.1) to upload many files to a single
dedicated server. The multi API is used for speed, and it works great.
However, I've found that when the number of simultaneous transfers gets
too large some data is lost at the server end (the test case that
generates breakage is around 400 parallel transfers). This is very
likely NOT a libcurl bug, more probably a limitation of the server, but
I'd like to try addressing it by enhancing our client to allow a limit
on parallel transfers to be configured.

I see there is a CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS setting but this seems to be a
little different. Does anyone have example code showing how to limit the
number of active transfers to 10 or 100 or so?

TIA,
AK