Re: s/bool/int

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:12:17 +0200

On 05/26/10 12:29, Kamil Dudka wrote:

> Do you feel like writing a patch to replace the definition of unsigned char
> by definition of enum?

Here is a tentative patch. Daniel should obviously chime in, as he was
already working on the major bool-replace.

The change is quite small, but it does the Right Thing on e.g. SGI IRIX 6.5 and
MIPSPro cc, i.e. it detects wrong assignments to bool. There are probably some
false positives, or at least something we'll have to look at, particularly with
my_setopt calls.

I have tested (w/make test too) on IRIX 6.5, Tru64 5.1, AIX 5.1 and Linux (the
three first ones are non-C99, Linux is C99). With the change it's also possible
to reverse the fix I provided for curl_fnmatch, it'll do the right thing now (tested).

I haven't uploaded anything to the autobuild page yet, but the kind of warnings we'll
get from it is like this: http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20100525075934-24321#prob17

-Tor