pycurl/libcurl/c-ares dynamic /etc/resolv.conf

From: Dima Tisnek <dimaqq_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:29:43 +0300

Hi

/ is mounted readonly, /tmp is ramdisk
/etc/resolv.conf is a symlink to /tmp/resolv.conf

I have a long-running process in python that uses pycurl.
The system has only wireless network interface and is supposed to roam from
one network to another.
When it starts up, it has no network, and /etc/resolv.conf is a broken
symbolic link or a link to an empty file
The long-running process tries to access the server, the lookup fails
Later when a wireless network is discovered, I'd like to be able to get
libcurl to talk to the server, but alas! the resolv data is cached somewhere
and I can't get through to c-ares (or libc?) to re-read /etc/resolv.conf.

Can anyone recommend me a workaround? or a particular library version where
this issue is already resolved?

Thanks,
Dima Tisnek

versions:
pycurl-7.19.0
curl 7.19.5 (arm-none-linux-gnueabi) libcurl/7.19.5 OpenSSL/1.0.0 zlib/1.2.3
c-ares/1.7.1 libidn/1.15
GNU libc 2.10.1