Re: Caching the digest response and using it in subsequent request ...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:17:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 May 2010, Sanjeeth K.G wrote:

> my question is if we want to make one more get/put request for the same
> server can we include Authorization header which was sent to the previous
> 401 challenge with nc=00000002, even before the server sends the 401
> challenge for this request? there by avoiding one round trip?

nc is supposed to be bumped automatically if the qop is 'auth', so there
should be no need to forcily to it.

> if we can achieve with libcurl how can we do it?

You mean like when the qop is is not 'auth' ? No, then there's no way.

Should we reconsider how we do it for non-'auth' qops?

> if we cannot do this why not?

Because of the same two reasons we pretty much always have for missing
features/functions:

1 - nobody has wanted it before or expressed the desire

and

2 - nobody implemented or provided a way to do it