Re: Implementing OAuth support into curl?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:22:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 May 2010, Viksit Gaur wrote:

> I wanted to get the list's opinion on whether implementing OAuth support
> into curl would be a good idea. Given that curl is a utility that is heavily
> used to test protected web resources, and currently supports a plethora of
> authentication mechanisms - I think it would make sense for it to have built
> in support for OAuth as well.

Let's do it. As mentioned on IRC I believe oauth needs some crypto algorithms
present so we probably need to make oauth support dependent on an underlying
crypto lib pretty much in the same way NTLM currently is.

I guess a good start would be to find out a good test server to work out the
quirks against so that we can get the basics working, and then create test
cases for the normal test suite after that.