Re: Handling of timeouts on clock jump

From: Dirk Manske <dm_at_nonitor.de>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 19:46:05 +0200

On Wednesday 05 May 2010 19:26:59 Chad Monroe wrote:
> I have an issue with libcurl 7.19.2 related to timeouts. At boot time my
> device begins fetching files once networking is up. Another task which
> runs in parallel is NTP. If NTP syncs during a file transfer this causes
> a huge clock jump and libcurl immediately returns a timeout. Has this
> been addressed in later versions of libcurl
I don't know, but ...
> , and if not how do others
> handle changes to the system clock?
.. I would say this not a problem of (lib)curl.

Simply call ntpdate before starting fetching files.

(Also you could save the current time with "hwclock --systohc" (maybe
with --utc)at shutdown, than at next boot the time difference should
be minimal otherwise your clock is badly broken)