Re: VS2008 build issues

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:53:23 +0200

2010/4/20, Ruslan Gazizov wrote:

> * Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> [Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:38:47 +0200]:
>

> > IOW, ok to replace 'wsock32.lib' string with 'ws2_32.lib' string in
> > following three files:
> > lib/Makefile.vc6 src/Makefile.vc6 and Makefile.dist
> >

> Yes, excluding Makefile.dist

I've done the Makefile.dist change myself, even when I have attributed
it to you in git. ;-)

> > libcurl's MSVC project files have been using ws2_32.lib instead of
> > wsock32.lib for a long time.
> >

> Never tried them neither want to. I like building in a console just like in
> Linux

Well, back in this thread you were wondering how others were building
libcurl with MSVC and not reporting any problem. Obviously they had a
different setup than you, or were using a different build method, or
for any reason they simply did not report the issue and fixed it for
themselves. Who knows.

> > In any case,hunk not needed if wsock32.lib is changed to ws2_32.lib.
> >

> The meaning of this branch is "what if we are under Windows earlier than
> XP/Server2003?. Then, as the MSDN for freeaddrinfo states,
> (get|free)addrinfo are implemented through wspiapi.h. As I said, I intend to
> test it on Windows 2000.

When using ancient VS versions, wspiapi.h is already included from
ws2tcpip.h when build target is older than WinXP. That's the reason
that makes that last hunk unnecessary.

In any case you can test daily snapshot http://curl.haxx.se/snapshots/
with date April 21, 2010 to verify if everything is all right.

--
-=[Yang]=-