Re: curl_multi_cleanup simetimes causes crash in NT.DLL (access violation)

From: Alan <jkabeal-curl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:30:22 -0700 (PDT)

Yes I agree, it could very well be in my app. Just have not root caused it yet.
I have found some issues, just not all of them. And it's difficult when gdb does not
always offer any insight. Requires lots of debug statements.
I was looking at another thread which I referenced in my original posting:
curl_multi_remove_handle closes easy handle, causes crash
I thought I understood the issue but the author changed the description, so now I am not
sure. Could you describe the issue you solved with the change to multi.c?
And when do you plan on posting the next version with the patch?
Related to this, is it ok to:
1. add easy handles to the multi_stack
2. process all easy handles
3. removed all easy handles from mult_stack
4. add easy handles back that had a timeout
5. repeat at 3 until no more timeouts or max retries reached.
Or is there an issue with removing all the processed easy_handles from muti_stack
before re-adding the timeout easy handles?
Note: All easy handles point to same ftp server.
Thanks a bunch for all you do,
Alan