Re: timout opt unstable in 7.20

From: Selçuk Cihan <selcukcihan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:41:04 +0300

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Roland Osborne
<roland.osborne_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> CURL seems to crash in my app when I rely on the TIMEOUT option. I wrote a
> simple app to isolate the problem (attached).
> I've tried following suggestions of other threads, to set the ERRORBUFFER
> option, but that didn't seem to work either.

Hi, i recently bumped into this issue with timeouts. In your sample
code, i noticed that curl_global_init is not called. So i tried
calling curl_global_init before any thread is started, only to find
out that the problem is something else. Calling curl_easy_setopt(curl,
CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, 1); seems to solve the problem. I am on ubuntu 9.10.
What i understand is, if we do not need timeouts during domain name
resoluiton, then everything is fine with the standard setup right?