Re: curl configuration and CFLAGS

From: Marco Maggi <marco.maggi-ipsu_at_poste.it>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 20:53:17 +0100

"Ben Greear" wrote:
> The configure stage is using -Werror for it's various
> tests and many of them are failing.
>
> Does anyone know how to pass flags only to the
> compile-state of CURL and not to the configure stage?

Sorry if I do not understand you correctly; while building
curl, you want to use custom flags for the compiler but you
do not want to break the test program run by the "configure"
script?

  If you are using the Makefile running "make" from a
terminal, after configuration, it should be enough to:

  $ make CFLAGS='<your flags here>'

you should examine the Makefile first to see which flags
where selected.

  Which platform are you using? AFAIK the "configure"
script does *not* use the -Werror flag unless you select it
explicitly with:

  $ ./configure CFLAGS='-Werror'

or something of that effect.

HTH