Re: curl-commits mailing list usefulness, and some git rambling

From: Marco Maggi <marco.maggi-ipsu_at_poste.it>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:43:37 +0100

"Daniel Stenberg" wrote:
> Yeah, I really think commit mails should include diffs. I
> use the mails a lot to review changes committed by others
> so I think the current layout is clearly inferior to what
> we had before.

Sorry to put my nose into this, but what exactly do you need
them for? I think that views like [1] let you see the diff
in a nice way; and if you pull the changes from a branch,
you can examine them locally with "git diff". Is it because
you do prefer mail to web pages and terminals?

[1] <http://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/c245a8f92e7bb2b5bfe181af647ee4766a0f33fe>

--
Marco Maggi