Re: Curl 6 error

From: Dlpnet <dlpnet_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:24:44 +0100

Please don't top-post as we ask in the netiquette.

Ouch, bad Gmail, sorry for this !!! :)

> I m using libcurl 7.20 the one already built on the Curl webpage by
>> Gunter.
>> And I m on windows.
>>

> And the names that fail to resolve are DNS resolved? Have you tried to
> wireshark the network or similar ot see what the DNS server actually
> respond?

Not sure I fully understand your answer. What I tried to do is to add the
host in the etc/host file so that (If I m not wrong) the resolver should
always succeed and it seems that I do not experience the problem any more
(but since it s *random* I m not 100% sure).

> I would also suggest that you build your own libcurl from source and try to
> build it with the simple synchronous resolver instead of the default
> threaded one just to see if that's what causes the grief.

Ok. Your answer give me an hint as it seems that the crash depends on
thread. I ll try to do that and I ll tell you about my result.

> Expect to have to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. We can't
> fix it from remote, we can only guide you on what you can do to track this
> down but you need to do most of it in your end - we don't experience these
> problems!

No problem, I understand, it s normal (unless you want to come to see
directly the problem here in the south of France :) ), I appreciate your
help.

Thanks,

Dlp