Re: Autobuilds broken by git?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:40:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Daniel Johnson wrote:

> It seems that the cvs repo is no longer being updated and therefore the
> autobuilds are frozen in time. I tried to run my autobuilds from the git
> repo, but testcurl.pl refuses to run unless it's run on a cvs checkout. Does
> testcurl.pl need to be adjusted or am I missing something?

Yes, the CVS repo is not updated anymore so we need to switch over the
autobuilds to use git. I have a patch pending to introduce that, I've just
hold it off a little since I wanted to make sure everything was good and up
for it first. I guess I should now proceed and push that change and encourage
everyone to switch to git for the autobuilds as well.

I was planning to offer a CVS front-end to allow the tests etc to remain on
CVS but I hit some problems with that (mostly involving the fact that the web
site is still hosted in the cvs repo) so I've ditched that idea and instead
suggest that those who cannot get git to their old autobuild machines instead
make a cronjob to get the latest daily snapshot instead. I believe we have
that procedure documented as well.