Re: New Feature: Site-wide defaults needed for libcurl (comments wanted)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:14:00 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Frank Mcgeough wrote:

>> Many systems already have such ways, and there are libs out there already
>> that lets you fetch that info.
>
> It seems like what might be helpful is auxiliary or example code that lives
> outside of libcurl that demonstrates how to access configuration information
> for a particular platform. Or, simply pointers to the other projects that
> demonstrate the same.

libproxy[1] is a project that provides such functionality, and there's also an
older seemingly abandoned project named libproxydetect[2].

It would be nice to have an example program or two showing off how to
integrate such a lib, to get the proxy info using it and tell libcurl about
the proxy details and credentials. I'll happily receive patches!

[1] = http://code.google.com/p/libproxy/
[2] = http://sourceforge.net/projects/libproxydetect/