Re: Installing libcurl on Windows 7

From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:41:13 +0100

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Andy Horsman <minirobotics_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:
> > Andy,
> > Andy Horsman schrieb:
> >> So I've attempted to move the curl files over to the MinGW includes
> >> directory where C++ could access it via, #include <curl/curl.h>. I'm
> >> no longer getting the file or directory not found error when
> >> compiling, but I'm still not sure which options I should be using.
> >> I've tried both -DCURL_STATICLIB and -lcurl
> > depends if you want to link statically, or use the DLL - what used
> > should link statically against libcurl.a
> > but if you want to be as close as possible to a Linux devel environment
> > then Vincent's suggestion for MSYS is probably better for you; using the
> > static makefiles without configure / bash & co is more meant for only
> > creating curl and the DLL; if you want to develop with this you will
> > need to also craft makefiles which mention full path to includes and
> > libs with -I, -L, -l - unless you copy manually things over like you did
> > already partly above.
> >
> > Gün.
>
> g++ -L C:\MinGW\include\libs\.libs\libcurl.a curltest.cpp is still
> presenting the same errors.

-L my_path : add the path "my_path" where gcc/g++ searches the libraries
-lxxx : gcc/g++ searches the library named :

libxxx.dll.a
xxx.dll.a
libxxx.a
xxx.lib
libxxx.dll
xxx.dll

in each directory of its search path.

Also, the order of the dependency libraries is important. always put
on the right the less dependent. So I would try this:

g++ -o curltest.exe curltest.cpp C:\MinGW\include\libs\.libs\libcurl.a

Vincent Torri