Re: Sporadic crash in curl_multi_perform ()

From: MigueL DíaZ <tiomiguel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:21:22 -0430

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:49:03 +0100 (CET)
From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Subject: Re: Sporadic crash in curl_multi_perform ()

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, MigueL D?aZ wrote:

> > The crash occurs in curl_multi_interface (see backtrace below), I'd like
> > know what are the possible causes of a crash of this kind so I can start
> > looking for a solution.
> >
> > Extra information: Crash is not solid, I mean, it doesn't happen
> everytime,
> > maybe once or twice a day (The program it's supposed to run 24/7)
>
> What protocols are you using? Is the stack trace the same each time the
> crash
> happens?

I'm using HTTP over TCP without SSL. It's a long lived connection in which I
receive information every minute or so. And yes, the backtrace is always the
same.

The trace looks like a memory problem to me, which usually means you should
> use valgrind to hunt down the problems or that you're using for example
> OpenSSL multithreaded without the protection mutexes etc.

I have avoided multithreading issues by not using the same easy_handles I
pass to the multi interface anywhere else in my app.

> Further than so is hard to tell without more info.

Please tell me what kind of info should I provide and I'll be happy to post
it.

Regards,
Miguel.

--