Re: Blocking variant of curl_multi_perform

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 21:02:56 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> Regarding simplicity, what's the reason CURLOPT_ENCODING doesn't default to
> ""?

Good old fashioned conservatism. libcurl does very simple requests by default
by tradition and lets the app add the fancy stuff to it with options. This
mostly because internet protocols tend to be implemented fragile and changing
default behaviors tend to lead to something breaking somewhere.

But I'm open to suggestions and feedback. If I just get enough motivation and
people expressing a desire, I'll be willing to change defaults (and more).