RE: Some fixes to the SMTP code

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:42:51 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Great, I also fixed my two outstanding SMTP issues: RCPT TO syntax and
waiting for 250 after the DATA has beent sent, so the SMTP support is
clearly improving!

I recently found some bugs in the '.' processing:

_ If the '.' comes first in data (i.e.: on the first data line; this is
perfectly legal for a non-MIME message), it is not doubled.
_ The current code seems to add a blank line (an extra-crlf) at the end
of data even if the last line is terminated.

We also might consider mapping CRs and/or LFs alone (I mean not
combined) into CRLFs, because SMTP data is text-only.
I did not touch this part of the code, since it clearly appears from the
comment you intend to replace it with a clever algorithm.

Do you plan to implement some kind of mechanism for quoted-printable
and/or base64 automatic encoding, or would you leave it to the caller ?