RE: Newbie, can't connect to any website

From: Young, Arien R <arien.r.young_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:32:09 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Kamil Dudka [mailto:kdudka_at_redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 9:39 AM
To: Young, Arien R
Cc: curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se
Subject: Re: Newbie, can't connect to any website

On Wed February 17 2010 15:25:26 Young, Arien R wrote:
> I'm trying to get Curl up and running, but every site I try to use
> fails to connect. I've tried google.com, curl.haxx.se,
> http://finder.geocommons.com/. I'm running Curl 7.18.0 on a Win32 machine.
> What am I doing wrong?

Do you use any firewall? Have you tried to turn it off?

Kamil

-------

Yes there's a corporation-wide firewall, but no personal one that I can shut off. I wouldn't think that would be a problem though, because I can reach the websites through web-browsers, and isn't Curl using the same port that Firefox would? If the firewall allows a browser through that port, wouldn't it allow Curl as well?