Re: scp upload failure with CURLE_SEND_ERROR in windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:22:33 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Mikael Johansson wrote:

> Transferring a large file (16 MB) fails with the error code CURLE_SEND_ERROR
> (Failed sending data to the peer). Using WinSCP transfers the larger file
> without any problems. Every time I try to transfer the larger file using
> libCurl, 2093056 bytes have been transferred.

Thanks for your report!

This sounds like a problem with the SSH protocol windowing or similar, as I
think we've seen something like that before. This problem is most probably a
plain libssh2 problem and it would make a lot of sense and help us all if you
could try one of the libssh2 example source codes against this server and see
if you can repeat the problem that way and then take the issue to the
libssh2-devel list instead (I'm there too).

With libssh2 you can also build a trace-enabled version and you can add lots
of such debug tracing while it runs and that may offer some further clues.