Re: Curlftpfs Hangs while launching Command from Putty

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:11:31 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, saju.kandathil_at_nokia.com wrote:

> 2) My CURLftpfs version ( Are there any known bug in these versions of
> libraries )

> curlftpfs -V list the following
> curlftpfs 0.9.2 libcurl/7.19.2 fuse/2.7

curlftpfs is a separate project written and hosted elsewhere. Version 0.9.2
seems to have been released in May 2008 so it seems rather slow at updates.

libcurl has been updated several times since 7.19.2 and yes
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/releases.html counts 134 bugfixes done since that
version compared to the latest release 7.19.7. Go to
http://curl.haxx.se/changes.html#7_19_2 and scroll upwards to get the details.

> Any of you could help me on this .

I like the idea and concept of curlftpfs, and once I tried to give it a glance
to see if I could help out and fix a few problems in it. Unfortunately the
code layout and software design of it makes it really hard to follow and in my
eyes they've failed in several ways and I honestly think it'll require a
proper cleanup and rearrange of its code to make it decent and stable. Unless
that's been made since I checked it out, it was a while since I did that.

If you believe this is truly a licurl bug, I'd like to ask you to provide a
simpler recipe to repeat the problem. If you think this is a curlftpfs
problem, you need to ask the curlftpfs team about it!