Re: strange memory "leak" with libcurl, ssl, network errors

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 23:32:04 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Michael Schuster wrote:

> I'm seeking assistance with a rather problematic issue I've been working on
> for a while, and would welcome all/any thoughts, pointers, RTFMs ... you're
> willing to share.

Thanks for the very detailed report.

Unfortunately (I think?) I can't repeat this in my end on my Debian Linux. I
tried this with libcurl 7.19.7 (my stock Debian version).

I edited away the glib-related details from the curltest.c example and when
running as instructed I can see the curltest process use the same amount of
memory all the time...

I then fired up the curltest program with valgrind --leak-check=full, had it
run for a while before I control-c'ed it, and it showed no leaks either!

I'm attaching my edited version of curltest.c to show you what I used.