Re: running_handles and the multi API

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:26:51 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> multi interface users of libcurl, this issue may concern you so please bare
> with my longish mail and I'll get to the point eventually...

Perhaps my thoughts are best explained by the attached patch, that A) fixes
the bug I mentioned and B) makes CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM _never_ get returned
by a libcurl function. The obsoleting of that return code in the public API
will not break the ABI anyway, it will just make the looping unnecessary
starting with 7.20.0.

This is what I plan to commit soonish (unless something pops up that speaks
against it), this is just posted here as an explanation and to offer you guys
a chance to try it out independently of everything else if you'd like.