Re: RTSP support for libcurl, preview patch for comments

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:55:57 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Cool. I've edited it a bit more now, and I'm prepared to commit what I have
> in a short while and then we should be able to continue smoothen out the
> remaining quirks against CVS.

Ok, I've just now done the intial commit. Please check out the minor changes I
did and see that things still run fine for you. I removed some minor stuff and
moved some code.

I still want to rename CURLOPT_RTPFUNCTION and CURLOPT_RTPDATA to something
more agnostic to make the names less specific for RTSP and more generic for an
alternative data stream. I haven't yet figured out a name I like since I don't
want it to include the word 'data' since we by tradition call the option for
the customer callback pointer *DATA so it would make a strange double-data
name. I'm thinking perhaps CURLOPT_INTERLEAVEFUNCTION, CURLOPT_STREAMFUNCTION
or CURLOPT_EXTRAFUNCTION... Anyone with a particular opinion?

Oh, and it would be great if you could convert your test code into a somewhat
decent-looking example we can include in the package!